Friday, October 2

The Difference a Few Line Makes....

What you say makes a difference... what you do not say will also make a difference..... but no, today I will not go into that... first see the difference between the pictures....

Before

After

Before

After

It always amazed me how much difference the lines in cross-stitch pieces make for the whole picture.... like the little things in life that makes the whole life worth living.....

Anyways, cross-stitch has been a long hobby of mine.... this particular piece is a favorite ^.^ but it is not unique... I did two of these... one because my aunt commisioned me and another because I wanted it for my own... but then I decided to give it to a friend for a house warming event.... should I make another for my own? Or move on to another?

Cross-stitch makes a nice gift... and it is not too hard to do as you would just have to follow the boxes on paper and cloth. Only difficulty is patience to change tread, especially when the picture requires a lot of different colour and to pull the tread with correct strenght. Not enough strenght would lead to loose and untidy stitches while too much would stretch the holes so the picture would not be nice and even anymore... of course there are trickier stitches such as knot-stitches, which I have yet to master ^.^

Current project is a garden fairy... but never seem to have time to work on it... my mom says... have hobbies so that you make time to yourself, not wait until you have time only to take up a hobby. Until after finals then.....

Hopes all her stitches are appreciated....

No comments: