Tuesday, September 4

Relationships and Egos


As I was scrolling down my Facebook wall, I saw this photo. It just struck a chord with me as I am in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) line. Regardless of the situation, the first reaction is to apologize followed by empathy to understand their feedback better and then promise of improvement for the future (and of course action plans to actually improve where relevant). 

An ego has no part in being a customer service personnel. Though there are many times where I was sorely tempted to throw a sarcastic remark. There was this time where a customer wrote in an e-mail complaint with font size 30. I actually wrote the reply with the exact same font...... but changed it back to normal before hitting the send button. So..... so tempted *evil grin*

Important things to remember in this line of work is to not take it personally, appreciate the time that the customer took to feedback instead of just abandoning the brand completely and remembering that "aplogizing does not always mean you are wrong, it just means that you value your relationships more than your ego". A successful CRM is one that is able to maintain profitable long term relationships. 

*ponders* 

No comments: