Shopping list:
1) Coconut water
2) Soya bean
3) Prawn noodles
I approached the uncle selling coconut water with a smile and called uncle. Then I ordered 2 big bottles of coconut water and went over to the aunty to pay. She looked over to her husband to indicate that I ordered something but I told her I have already told the uncle. She said RM 15 then the husband countered with RM 14 enough.... So she was like 'oh since uncle say so... but normally it's RM7.50 per bottle... I just smiled and said thank you... that was nice...
Then I went to the soya bean milk seller. Again with a smile I asked him to fill my container and asked how many packets can fit. He indicated with 3 fingers, so I thought 3 packets, meaning RM3.60. When I paid, he only charged RM3 (I can't decide if he calculated wrongly or misjudge the amount used to fill the container... but it's definetly cheaper than if I would have bought packets individually... I think the container might have stunned him =D)

I know you are probably thinking it's because I'm a girl and they are all guys so I used unfair 'feminine wiles' to get more.... but the one selling prawn noodles is a lady. When I got back, the noodles was a much bigger portion than usual =D
So it does pay to be nice, literally....
2 comments:
not every1 can smile ^^
[Jino] - A man's not a man unless he knows how to shoot
haha u need classes to learn how to smile???
smiling is only effective when it comes from the heart... fake smiles dont' get you anything =D
Post a Comment