My internship is coming to an end soon though my connection with the company is not severed with this ending. During my training, I had to the opportunity to experience both office life and operations life equally. Both has its pros can cons. Obviously the main con of being at the operation level is the unstable timing, long hours and having to work when everyone is off. Though at the same time, it is enjoyable as it is a lot of hands on work. For example, thanks to my training there, I can now saute pasta without using a tong that will break the pasta and I can also flip pancakes, omelette's, crepes etc. with just the pan. Also, I got to meet different people every single day.
Office on the other hand has a more stable timetable though because I chose to be in the marketing department, working over time and on weekends are quite frequent as well. The workflow is also more stable as in there's work to be done the whole day through instead of rushing through lunch and dinner crowd and stand around mindlessly between those times. Those breaks really drive me crazy. Such a waste of time just standing around. And it is not like in the office where you get to sit if there is nothing to be done. Other than that, it's the little things such as having a variety in work clothes and proper meal times that makes the office a better place to work in.
I only have one question... Why even though the office is a much easier life than working at the operations level, I fell sick a lot more frequently when working in the office?
~puzzled~
1 comment:
because of the bad ventilation in the office...i fall sick alot more in my office also..cause its a closed up environment...so if one fella fall sick the virus spreads around the office faster. that could be the reason i suppose :)
Post a Comment