Back when I was in university, we learnt about how IT is changing the way restaurants work with the POS system, ordering systems and so on. In Sakae, the first generation had Interactive Menu (IM) that is a monitor and mouse where patrons can select their orders. Then came the touch screens. To keep with the latest trend, the outlet at the Curve is the first of the Japanese restaurants to use Ipad as their menu and ordering method!
Imagine smooth flipping of the menu at the tips of your fingers, brilliant photos of appetizing food and fast ordering whenever you are ready and not need to wave a waiter. You would also be able to keep track of what you have ordered, what is being prepared and what has been served. The location of the Ipad on the side of table is also a lot more user friendly as it is closer to hand.
I did take a number of photos of the new toy but none of it did any justice. Hence I will leave it to you to see it for yourselves ^^
*dreaming of Ipad*
No comments:
Post a Comment