What are birthdays about? Some use them as an excuse to just go out to celebrate, some need another reason to get drunk and some just let it pass quietly. A friend once said that your birthday should not be about you, but about your mother who carried you for 9 months and went through labour to deliver you. Which is very true.
In anyways, birthdays is also an occasion to show how well you know the person (especially if you hide your birth date from Facebook) through planning of the event or presents. Sometimes simple presents can mean a lot compared to a costly present that has little thought. Once I received a pair of dolphin earrings that was wrapped in layers and layers until the first view was a pyramid shaped present. Though it has been many years, but that present has remained in my mind for the effort that was put in.
In my past few years of my birthdays, I threw huge parties... so much so that this year that I did not do anything, people actually asked "eh? no party this year?". This year I did a little something different. Went to the Land of Eagles for my birthday. As I went with my usual gang of guys, it did not have the usual excitement of a party or gathering. In fact, it hardly felt different from any other day except a couple of sms-es and a call.... not forgetting the surprise cake at the end of the day.
Then came a belated birthday outing, where we went to Teluk Gong for seafood, One Utama for batting cages (not my thing.... the ball hit me instead of me hitting the ball), shopping and drinks then Italian dinner at Bonasera. When I got home, there was a present waiting from another friend ^^
After that went with another couple of friends for Snowflakes followed by McDonalds.
So as a conclusion of the thinking I did since Langkawi....... life is awesome so far ^^
*happy*
In my past few years of my birthdays, I threw huge parties... so much so that this year that I did not do anything, people actually asked "eh? no party this year?". This year I did a little something different. Went to the Land of Eagles for my birthday. As I went with my usual gang of guys, it did not have the usual excitement of a party or gathering. In fact, it hardly felt different from any other day except a couple of sms-es and a call.... not forgetting the surprise cake at the end of the day.
Then came a belated birthday outing, where we went to Teluk Gong for seafood, One Utama for batting cages (not my thing.... the ball hit me instead of me hitting the ball), shopping and drinks then Italian dinner at Bonasera. When I got home, there was a present waiting from another friend ^^
Seafood Pasta with White Wine
After that went with another couple of friends for Snowflakes followed by McDonalds.
The top bowl is their best seller, Grass Jelly with taro (yam and sweet potato) balls and the bottom bowl is Amber Jelly with Pearls which is mine and nice ^^
Before falling asleep, I realised that I have special days all the time and not necessarily on birthdays. Having the luxury of friends who will bring other friends to try new food and activities, who will tease and joke, make the effort to organize gatherings in a way that you can make it (there was a period of time when it was very hard for me to go for gatherings due to work) and of course be there in times of trouble (such as when I get lost on the roads ^^)
So as a conclusion of the thinking I did since Langkawi....... life is awesome so far ^^
*happy*
No comments:
Post a Comment