Thursday, May 27

Malaysia's "Best"

I went shopping today.... then came across this:

Malaysia's Best is a sort of branding for Malaysian produce, by the Ministry of Agriculture and Agro-Based-Industry, to indicated quality and safety. This means no excessive pesticides or fertilizer than can turn into contamination and such. It was part of my food law class last semester. So curious, I went to take a closer look. The fruits were all very nicely packed and has the "Malaysia's Best" logo.... upon closer look..... oops....

We seem to have 'longan' the size of a pamelo....


And our 'papaya' is round and green... like watermelon...

Pineapples without points.....

Soursop in star shapes......

I thought waterlily was a flower........


I was not sure to laugh or cry at the mistakes...... when I saw the first one, okay, maybe it was an honest mistake... but mislabeling ALL the fruits?? The responsibility probably lies with the store, not the farmers.... but still.... hysterical....

Another interesting sight in the store.....

There were at least a dozen.... last time there were only 1 or 2.... but seemed to have multiplied.... and having the time of their life in the vegetable and frozen chillers.....

Never thought simple grocery shopping would have provided that much entertainment.....

6 comments:

R.Lee said...

I have a feeling they left out a word in the slogan. it should be "Malaysia's Best JOKE "
Wonder how this would affect our countries image when foreigners see it. Either they're wrong OR what we have been studying for these past 20 years is all BULL. hahaha

Valerie said...

LOL...... but in all fairness, I don't think it has to do with the label directly. It's the supermarket's staff who labelled the fruits wrongly. ^^

Unknown said...

was very depressed but was smiling when reading this. thanks haha...




[Jino] - A man's not a man unless he knows how to shoot

Valerie said...

good good, one of the points of my blog ^^

you are welcome ^^

siedne said...

If I didn't know better I'd think this was a prank, to make the buyers really know their fruits hahaha. Good eye!

Valerie said...

hahaha possible ^^ thanks