A friend told me that it is okay to emo on my blog once in awhile..... so here goes..... working hours in the F&B industry, especially on operations level sucks...... ever since entering the kitchen, I hardly have time to spend with my family, what more my friends. Even the times that there are night meet ups, by the time I get off work, I am so tired that I barely participate in the conversations.
Nobody is indispensable and sooner or later people will get tired of arranging their schedule to fit a single person. It is also not fair for us to expect them to. If as an intern, the working hours can put such strain on socialability, imagine the damage it can do to relationships if working full time on that level..... because of Valentine's Day, a lot of the staff can only leave after 12am and the last person left at 5am... that person was back at the restaurant at 9am.... no wonder my lecturer warned us that one of the dangers of this industry is the divorce rate.....
So people, be nice to the staff when you are out in restaurants..... especially on busy days, it is not that they do not want to give good service, but there are just too many people to attend to and the kitchen may not be able to cope with the bulk of orders ^^
1 comment:
its called being disenchanted with your work...
Post a Comment