Sunday, May 22

Archery

If I had to choose a weapon during the mythical period, it would always been the bow and arrow. Of course having characters like Legolas from LOTR and Robin Hood makes that weapon look so awesome. Plus elves, whom are a fascination to me, love using the bow ^^

During my years of studies in university, I took a course on outdoor archery. It was awesome! Except for the heat, the long waits for turn to shoot since it was quite a large class and the initial hunts for arrows that fly astray ^^ After that, the nearest I got to the bow and arrow is at the indoor archery range at Sunway Pyramid which I went recently.

While it will never come close to the thrill and challenge of shooting outdoor at longer distance, just holding the bow, pulling the string, aiming then releasing the arrow to hit the target is exciting enough. The intense moment is when your muscles are straining to pull the string back and also push the bow forward in a balance steady enough for you to aim. Then, when ready, you let the arrow fly, and it hits the intended target. That is a moment of pure satisfaction. (of course it takes a lot of practice before you get to that satisfaction part ^^)

~Wonders where there are outdoor archery range~

No comments: