The other day when I was driving home from work, it started drizzling a little bit. So on the left side, many of the motorcyclist were stopping to put on their jackets or windbreakers. Suddenly the wind blew and something flew away from the motorcyclist towards the main road. Without looking at the passing cars, he dashed to grab whatever was that thing was. This was a highway mind you and cars were not exactly going at a slow pace.
How many times have we made dashes in life without considering the danger it posed to ourselves as well as the people around us? When we are focused on a particular item, we lose sight of the big picture. Life is more than one thing that we seem to be always chasing be it career, money or relationships. It should be a healthy balance.
*zen*
6 comments:
Thoughts on money and success aside, sometimes there are things in life that we have to make a dash for :) In the midst of the business of life, it's good to be aware of these dashes that we sometimes have to make sacrifices for in life - like time off for some good conversation over a cuppa tea ;)
Yes time off from dashes are definitely recommended. Life is more of a marathon than a 100m sprint ^^ We have to learn to pace ourselves to complete the marathon gracefully rather than sprinting in the early parts and burning out before half the marathon is done.
On the topic of dangerous dashes, I made a dash for the shuttlecock today at badminton and it ended with my ankle being sprained ^^
Woops - perhaps that was a dash you shouldn't have dashed out for ;)
Whenever I think of dashes I think of the time Soo's t-shirt flew off the Kenyir boat, and how—at least to me—I had that split second to decide whether or not to jump into the water.
I still regret not doing it, somewhat. And I've sort of told myself that the next time something like that happens, I jump.
On a separate note, Blogger is converting to the new, touchscreen-friendly layout... yeesh! -_-
Life is often defined by the few seconds or minutes rather than a long stretch of time is it not?
No point in regret ^^ Life is too short for those. Besides, a t-shirt is only material. Other things could have happened if you had jumped.
Haha.... touch screen is gonna become old school soon. Apparently in India, they have already developed 3D holographic technology. It is just pending further research to make the production cheap enough for mass production.
Screw touchscreen and 3D holographic technology. I'm still using pencil and paper! :-P
Post a Comment