Sunday, August 9

Food Fair Summary

After months and months of planning, stress, worry and rushing around, the Food Fair 2009 is finally executed and finished......

In short:
  1. It was a very experience packed event: I tried my hands at many roles including emcee, performer, usher, PR, HR, tour guide.....
  2. I kept remembering a good lecturer of mine that said that the similarities between leaders is having followers....... and I am glad that I have capable teammates..... they have made all the difference.... no one is good in everything.... so helping each other covers for each other's weakness.....
  3. I seem to like being on stage.... (I miss the times I danced back in school....) definitely no stage fright =D
  4. Dealing with VIPs is not difficult..... they are only human....
  5. I got my first business card!!! The event manager asked me to send him a blank email so that he can contact me next time and after chatting awhile (I expressed interest in the event organising field) he asked me to send my CV also......
  6. The company I was helping as a promoter remembers me..... gave me a box of chocolates! I smiled and said thank you and that I would share with the rest of the crew..... he came back a few minutes later and asked me 'one box is not enough for everyone right?' Before I could respond, he gave me another box...... I guess that means the first box was just for me weeeeeee
  7. Though the initial part of organising was rather lonely, having to run errands without people to hold back me back of me to hold them back..... my facebook friend requests has soared the past few days.....
  8. I believe I like dressing up.... whether to look formal or to look pretty..... perhaps life IS a stage and we are all actors..... (I want to try a Roman/Greece costume!!!)
  9. There are cute guys in my university..... just have to find in the right places hehe
  10. Organising is tiring business........

Lessons:

  1. Everything happens for a reason: I was almost cursing because the guards blocked the roads for an event but then took a deep breath and relaxed.... just as I finally got out of the university, I saw my old roommate (whom I lost her contact no since my phone died). I actually drove pass her, saw her, saw no car behind me and reverse back to park and got out to meet her........
  2. Ask and you shall receive: This was proved trice.... first when I asked the companies directly for to sponsor some prizes for the lucky draw.... was not actually expecting anything much but ended up with 10 extra prizes.... and another is when I went around with the charity donation box..... the last was when looking for help for the closing ceremony (perhaps I was a wee bit mean for using the cute look too much..... throughout the event hahaha)
  3. I'm sure there's more that I can't remember at the moment =D

All dressed up for the closing ceremony

Nodding off to sleep........

No comments: