Friday, September 25

Malacca Revisited....

It has been a long day.... a day trip to Malacca (with lots of hyper children...). In terms of places visited it was quite similar to my previous trip... but a difference in time of shots.... plus it was a beautiful day with blue skies and fluffy white clouds.... (hence my slight sun burn...) I also got to finish some unfinished business and absolutely heavenly pineapple tarts mmmmm..... =D

The last time I was standing on this spot, the Eye was not there....

Let the Spirits be Free

St. Paul's Church... there was a very informative (on the history of Malacca) artist...
should go get some drawings from him...
pictures that you cannot get on camera because it was before the fort was destroyed...
Unfinished Business 1
This time got to visit the museum... but it was not that interesting,
just the ship itself was nice for some shots....
Colours of the Wind
(no idea what caused it...)
Reaching the Sky
My favorite shot for this round

Chicken Rice Ball for lunch.... looks like fishball... not that nice, really don't understand the craze over it... rather eat candol!

Eye Contrast
I like the bright white against the shades of blue....

I went up on the Eye on Malaysia, Melaka... against my mental pleads not to do so...
my carriage creaks on the way down ;(

Unfinished Business 2
On my last trip, I bought this key-chain... and lost it in Malacca itself... to my surprise, I managed to find the same design again =D

Putting on aloe vera gel and heading off to bed...

8 comments:

Unknown said...

haha is it malacca or melacca? i don't understand why they need to rename some states into english. anyway nice pics out there...


[Jino] - A man's not a man unless he knows how to shoot

Valerie said...

not sure wor.... i think both accepted...

thanks =D finally got something to capture pics with

SimianD said...

It's Malacca.

Jino: Neither do I understand, but it seems that people everywhere rename things. Like Isaac/Ishak. Sometimes it's to make names easier to pronounce, I guess.

Val: Someone's excited Cybershotting. ;-)

Valerie said...

of course! by the looks of the pictures I think the investment is not wasted... most of the photos I took with one shot.... only the ferris wheel I did multiple coz could not decide at that time which is best...

when's our next photography trip? Now I have my own tool...not as glamorous as a slr but workable =D

SimianD said...

A versatile photographer can work with all sorts of tools under all sorts of circumstances.

Would you believe there are some things a handphone camera can do better than an SLR? ;-)

The next trip... technically anytime. But let me think of a place/time when we can really bring out the best in your new baby.

Valerie said...

for one camera phone can go through small areas... imagine u want to take the ocean but two huge rocks are obstructing your view with a small gap?

plus I don't have to lug a huge bag and different stuff... most to most can get filters which will fit right in my pocket

i think we'll have to wait 6 weeks later... last few weeks of sem is always crazy...i'm gonna name my baby Simi =D

SimianD said...

Well of course portability, handphone camera beats SLR lah. We all know that.

What I mean is, in terms of image style and quality, would you believe there are some things a handphone camera can do better than an SLR?

Or rather, what sort of images can a handphone camera produce, that an SLR cannot?

(And of course I'm excluding Photoshop lah, cos with Photoshop you can turn a photograph into a watercolour. Such nonsense.)

Valerie said...

well my point is that the portability will enable the image that cannot be taken on the slr... like the ship photo, the phone was close to the ground, taking upwards... may not be possible with a slr....

I dislike photoshop.... takes too much effort =D most I do with the photos is crop and add name ^.^