Saturday, September 25

Read. Write. Share.

Bookxcess, found in AmCorp Mall is a great place to get books for really cheap prices. Today I dropped by to get some new reading materials and ended up with more than I purchased. I bought one book and had to wait quite a bit for the receipt. Turns out they have a new program called "receipt stories" where they print out stories by the general public on the receipts. (if you are interested to publish yours, click here) The one I received was titled "Perfection". As I am often labelled as a perfectionist, the story was rather interesting. It goes like this:

"Human's perspective of perfection is outrageously overrated. Security is an understatement. Every person's idea of perfection is carved specifically to something that they are not and expect to be portrayed by someone else. Our being is under no condition to be contented, thus, perfection is overly unachievable.

Things we want never stay stagnant and are as volatile as the movement of the wind. Human inadequacy to remain unchangeable is the sole provider to this imperfect world we live in. Our idea of complete happiness changes too often to remain perfect. "

~Philip Lee~

I particularly like the last line of the passage. Often people as why we change change our minds about what we want in life. But as we progress in life, we are exposed to more experiences that will change our mindset and priorities. Hence it is fine to change, it shows that we progress and we are human. To be human is to err and to be imperfect, then learn and improve...then make more different mistakes. Don't be the best, be better ^^

On a separate note, I wonder if this program is good for business considering the time it takes to print the complete receipt...

No comments: