Sunday, October 10

Strain Train

Back in high school, the train was my usual mode of transport. But towards the end of my time there, a friend learnt to drive and I car pooled with her. Ever since then, I have been rather pampered in terms of transportation ^^ Today due to circumstances, I had to take the train..... not the LRT, but the KTM. It was interesting idea at first, to see the women's only carriage for myself. But boy was it a disappointment.

I have always disliked KTM due to it's few trains, constant delays and overcrowding. Today I was reminded of my dislike, though I believe it has improved slightly as there were no real delays, but the time for waiting is still too long and it was rather uncomfortable. The overcrowding however is beyond description. Packed as a can of sardines would be an understatement. To make it worse? The women's carriage had some idiots who do not understand the meaning of "women only all the time"...... one of the ladies was so angry that she told them to get off ^^

When taking the KTM back, it was so packed that we could not get on the train at all and had to wait for the next one. I just hate having to push with people to get on the train. Thankfully, the next one came within 10 minutes. The best part? It was almost empty cause everyone forced themselves on the earlier train ^^ sometimes it pays to be patient.

While the train company is responsible to a certain extent of managing the crowd. It is also amazing how the people behave. Is it that difficult to let the other people out before pushing their way in? How do they expect the train to have space if they block the entrance of people trying to get out?

In any case, taking the KTM to work is not a wise option unless you have a lot of time to spare or working on you own time. Imagine having to wait an hour for the train, then by the time you get there, you will be all hot and bothered. Not exactly the best way to start a work day.....

Anyways, have a great week ahead everyone!

6 comments:

Lish said...

Sigh.

yinkoon said...

Hey Chingying,

Ever gave driving a thought?

Valerie said...

I do drive, but that time was traveling from another place, so did not have my own car

yinkoon said...

:) a car is useful but when there is no car to use, I think it should be better to have access to alternative. I like your initial response

Unknown said...

i tried to board the women's carriage last month and a man inside told me to get off. he is a security guard.




[Jino] - A man's not a man unless he knows how to shoot

Valerie said...

aiyoh jino, how can you be so bad to go on the ladies carriage???

i think that time is weekend, security guard off day..... and really too many ppl already so they gave up trying to control.......