Saturday, May 28

Copy Blunder

When setting up the company e-mail, it is easiest to just copy someone else's signature and change the name and designation. That should be a fool proof way since the company's name, address, contact numbers and fax should all be the same. It would have been so... if there was not the small print of mobile phone towards the bottom of the signature. For almost 3 months, my recipients have been getting the wrong number.... no wonder my phone never rings for business purposes @@ who knows how my calls I missed....

So how did I finally discovered it? A partner was supposed to sms me a contact and I was wondering how she has my number since I do not have a name card and have been a little stingy when it comes to giving out my number. Then she said from my e-mail... *stuns* *rushes to check e-mail signature* oops.....

The best part is that the number belonged to someone who has permanently left the country so the number was probably disconnected, hence there was nobody to take the calls and then tell me that strange people have been calling that number for me....

Lesson of the day: Do not copy and paste blindly.......

*laughing*

2 comments:

fung said...

Adeline!!!!!!! hahahahah~~

Valerie said...

LOL...... no names!!